Week of 9/13
This week we all are starting to come down with something. It's not good. It started with a sore throat then you get a runny nose and then it tries to settle in your chest. We have no planned guests this week so the agenda is to get lots of rest. Walter is fitted for his dynasplint (left arm brace) that will help keep it stretched. The therapists want him to wear it all night and then try to wear it several hours a day until he can wear it all the time. He's so excited (I'm joking). At night we can hear the velcro sound. By morning the dynasplint is usually half way off. Walter told his therapist Caitlyn that squirrels like to come and take it off at night. It's easier to say it was a squirrel rather than admitting you did it and getting in trouble...
Sunday - Today we relax with family. We also have an announcement. Jillian (Jessica's sister) is expecting her first baby at the end of November. It is a girl and the entire family is thrilled! If anyone knows about girls, it is the King family.
Monday - Walter has a sleepy day. Jessica's parents go to Augusta, GA to see James (Jessica's brother). He is leaving for a 8-9 month tour with the military. We pray that God will keep him safe.Walter and I are very proud of him. We love you James!
Tuesday - Walter is feeling a little under the weather still so he will not be going to therapy today. Bernice (part time caretaker) stays with Walter so Jessica can go to work. Walter calls Jessica several times to ask when she is coming home from work. It is never soon enough ;)
Wednesday - Walter has come down with a nasty cough. He again does not go to therapy. He hates missing therapy so we have to encourage him that he needs to get over his cough first and then he can return and work hard at getting better.
Thursday & Friday - Lots of rest for everyone. We are still trying to shake the cold. Our neighbors Kevin and Vicki check on us often. They bring cough drops, tissues and Emergen-C. We have such great friends that look out for us!
Saturday - Today is guys day. Pizza & football ALL DAY. I try to catch up on paperwork at the house and dinner with a couple girlfriends (the first time since Walter came home from the hospital in June). It was a strange feeling. I could not relax and tried really hard to. I also felt extremely guilty that I was able to go out, walk and talk with our friends. But my mind kept replaying what Walter said to me before he kissed me and I walked out the door "I love you and I want you to have a good time." So many emotions go through you when you haven't been away from your loved one. Questions constantly ran through my mind: Did he get his medicine's on time, does he have to go to the bathroom, is he hungry, is his left leg propped up, is he hugging the pillow to keep his arm extended......I finally feel comfort half way through the dinner. Our lives are not in our hands but in Gods. When He permits trials He also provides comfort. I then relax and know Walter will be fine and it is ok to enjoy a couple hours away. I arrive home and he is having a wonderful time with the guys. He wants to make it a tradition now atleast one night a week ;) I think I could could get use to his idea....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment